November 29, 2016

The Itch Never Goes Away


via GIPHY

So little rectangular pieces of cardboard managed to drag me back to them.  I couldn't fight them off.

For years, I had the cards put away in storage, without much thought given to them.  But then something clicked.  Maybe it was that time I was caught in the YouTube whirlpool and ended up watching some box breaks.  Maybe it is that twinge I get every time I pass the card aisle in Wal-Mart.  Maybe it was the fact that every time I go on Ebay, the algorithm likes to shove auctions of baseball cards in my face.


I couldn't take it anymore.  I put the hobby on the back burner and always justified it by saying to myself, "Look at all the money I have saved by not buying cards and the amount of time I freed up by not blogging about those cards I didn't buy."  Those justifications were solid and true, but they never truly took away the itch.

My collection is a lot smaller now that I have given away, sold, and donated most of my cards.  But I am ready to begin again. 

This blog has sat dormant since 2012.  But as I logged back in recently, the sidebar showed many those wonderful card bloggers I used to follow are still going strong and I am sure there are more I have yet to discover. 

That was even more motivation for me to come back.

I hope everyone bears with me as I re-launch this blog.  A lot of the images I had uploaded for previous posts have been deleted and now replaced with an exclamation point.  I don't think I have time to clean up the mess I left by deleting those card scans from the net but I will leave up the old posts anyways.

I may not be as prolific in posting as I was before (not that I was really prolific) but I will be around and hope you all keep an eye out as I dive back into the hobby.

It's been a long time.  I am back and I am excited to start ripping again.

2 comments: