April 07, 2012

Catching Up: CCC Winner and a Mail Day with some Ginter Happiness

I haven't been able to post much this past week due to a lot of distractions so I'm gonna cram all the stuff I wanted to post about this past week into this post.

First I'll start it off with the winner of the Community Collection Vote #5:

And the winner is...


...Matt Holliday!


I was surprised that this card won as I really thought Ryan Howard would win the vote due to him winning the MVP that year.  But the collectors have spoken and Matt becomes the fifth card entered into the Community Choice Collection.

In the Mail


Now lets take a look at a package of cards that I picked up from COMC:

First, here are some Dolphins singles from 2011 Topps that I needed...



Next, we have some more 2011 Topps, but this time with former Miami Hurricanes players.  Vince Wilfork is an awfully odd body position for a 325 lb. man.  I also picked up a Reggie Wayne Artist Proof parallel from 2011 Score...


And last, but definitely not least, I picked up 3 more cards to add to my Ascent of Man collection.  But these are not just any 3 cards, these are the LAST 3 cards I needed to complete this set (finally)!

So here is the joy of completed pages from 2011 Allen & Ginter's Ascent of Man insert set.

Life in the Oceans


Taking over Dry Land


The Planet of the Apes

I kind of wish Topps would have made this set 27 cards so I wouldn't be left with a blank space on page 3 but maybe it was actually a way for the designers to show us that no one knows for sure what the future holds for our species.



(And please, no arguments between creationism and Darwinism on my blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment