But first, I made the decision to scrap the WAR set that I was working on as it got to be more of a drag than I originally planned. So I'm going to start with this other idea that I wanted to create a random card collection that involves feedback from this great blogging community. My inspiration for this endeavor came from blogger Hiflew and his Colorado Rockies' Rock Stars series.
Basically here's how it works:
- I will keep one card from every pack I rip
- The card will be chosen by you, the blogger/reader community
- No relics, autos, or low serial numbers will be chosen because those are better off trading to someone who needs that card
- No Braves, Dolphins, Hurricanes, or Ginter inserts as I already have collections for those cards
- In the event of a tie, I will personally select the winner (not to sound like a dictator or anything)
This is something I feel will help me connect more to my followers as well as give me a nice little sampling of every pack I rip. However, I have the feeling this collection may end up a little "blue" with all of you Dodger fans out there.
I bought another repack box full of random baseball card packs which comes with 20 packs for 20 bucks. $1 dollar a pack is quite a deal for a pack ripper like me.
1 pack - 2010 Topps Series 2 Baseball
|Top Row: Todd Helton, Rockies Team Card, Aaron Cook|
Middle Row: Francisco Liriano, Marc Rzepczynski, Ryan Perry
Bottom Row: ARod, Manny Parra, Alexi Cassilla
|Stephen Drew Attax Code Card|
Dennis Eckersley Cards your Mom Threw Out (regular back)
Gary Carter Giveaway Code Card
So, which card will make it into the
Community Choice Collection?
The choice is yours.
The poll below will stay open until it reaches a minimum number of votes. Plus, you can place a vote every six hours (if the coding works). So vote often if you want your favorite card to win. The winner will be revealed after the votes are tallied.