February 05, 2012

Supa Bowl Sunday

The long awaited and sometimes anti-climatic end of the football season is finally upon us.  The last meaningful football game for 6+ months is always a reason for celebration, but yet at the same time, a bittersweet moment for all the football fans out there.  As I went to the local Wally World to pick up some meatballs and other stuff for tonight's festivities, I absolutely had to pick up some football packs to rip.  I opted for one of those boxes filled with random retail packs, 16 of them to be exact.

Well the meatballs are in the cooker and its time to get-a-rippin':

 Since I'm easy like a Sunday morning, I'm not gonna do a pack by pack feature but instead I'll will just see how tonight's contenders fared at a simple game of cardboard numbers.  First off the Giants:

Not a shabby showing by the Giants with 6 cards in the box.  The Micheal Strahan card seems especially fitting on Super Bowl Sunday.

Now lets see how the Patriots fared:



That's it?!  Two measly Patriot cards from 16 packs?! Not a single Brady?!  Uh-oh, the Patriots may be in for a rough day.

Well since there were 4 more Giants in this box than Patriots, I will go on to predict that the Giants win Super Bowl XLVI by the score of 32-28.

Another thing of note from this box:


There were actually more Dolphins than Patriots in the box.  Yes, the Dolphins outscored the Patriots!  Which happens like...never (at least in recent years).  Plus...


I pulled a hit.  I always seem to get a relic card in these repacked football boxes.  I can't complain.

I hope everyone enjoys their Super Bowl Sunday.  Stay safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment