February 13, 2012

Mail Day: Absolutely Serial

While Ebay remains a viable source for purchasing harder to find cards and sealed boxes, Check Out My Cards has really become my go to site for buying singles.  I have read that Sportlots is another alternative but I just can't get passed the clunky navigation and interface on that site.

Anyways, here are some recent football purchases from COMC to beef up the personal collections:



2010 Absolute Memorabilia #159
Koa Misi /299
2010 Absolute Memorabilia #140
Jared Odrick /299
2010 Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum Black #159
Koa Misi /50
2010 Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum Silver #51
Brandon Marshall /50
2010 Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum Silver #52
Chad Henne /50
















I'm a bit confused on the above Spectrum parallels.  I purchased the Misi (center pic) from COMC and this card was listed as a Spectrum Black parallel while the Henne and Marshall are listed as Spectrum Silver parallels.  All three cards are #ed to 50 and share the exact same design (at least I can't spot the difference). 

Why is the Misi listed as a Black parallel when the other two are listed as Silvers?  Any input from the experienced collectors out there would be appreciated.

Of course I had to get some Canes in the mix as well:

2010 Absolute Memorabilia Marks of Fame Spectrum #25
Willis McGahee /50
2010 Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum Silver #44
Reggie Wayne /50
2010 Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum #99
Clinton Portis



2010 Absolute Memorabilia Gridiron Force Spectrum #22
Santana Moss /50


No comments:

Post a Comment