September 02, 2011

Flea Market Treasure Hunt: I See Red

No random box of baseball cards is complete without it's fair share of "junk wax".  But who is to say that all that "junk wax" has to suck?

There were about 50 cards of 1990 Donruss baseball in this box.  The amazing thing is that these cards are in way better condition than the "decade-newer" 2000 Ultimate Victory cards from the previous flea market post.

Let's take a look at some of these beauties:


Early 90's Superstars



Familiar Names with Young Faces



The Staples of Card Collecting

These are only considered "junk wax" because of the lack of monetary value.  I had a great time looking through these.  Mainly because I got some.........



Braves!
Steve Avery looks like a stone-cold killer in this pic.


And now for what most modern sets are missing out on:



Cookie Dusters!!!

2 comments:

  1. A lot of people don't like this set, but it's one of my favorites of the era. I like the paint splatter design. This set brings back memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Ryan, this is one of my favorite Donruss offerings

    ReplyDelete