August 07, 2011

This Week in the Mail

I had a ton of cards come in the mail this week.  I received a little over 80 cards to add to my collections from various traders.  Big thanks go out to Dirtylittle87 and Shotgun1970 on the Sports Card Forum, Thelostfan on Beckett, and from bloggers Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle and Jaybarkerfan's Junk.

I'm not going to list all the cards from these trades, just my top ten favorite cards in no particular order:



1997 Collector's Choice #264 Kenny Lofton
This is a great picture of Kenny.  I really like candid photos of players mainly because the majority of sports cards are in-game action shots.




1996 Denny's Holograms #1 Greg Maddux
This is the first time I have seen one of these cards.  The hologram shows a moving picture of Maddux throwing a pitch during the 1995 World Series.  Sweet.



2006 Upper Deck Special F/X Run Producers #3 Andruw Jones
Sweet looking card with a refractor background.



1996 Metal Universe Platinum Portraits #6 Ryan Klesko
Great use of space on this card with the photo on the left, logo on the right, and metallic background.



1992 Upper Deck #1 J.Thome/R.Klesko Checklist
Awesome card featuring Klesko next to a young Jim Thome.  The background make we want to sing the theme song from the Jefferson's.



2003 Leaf Hard Hats #5 Rafael Furcal
This is a very nice insert card.  Action photo of a player superimposed over their batting helmet with refractor technology.  Kudos to Leaf on this one.



1999 Topps Gold Label Class 1 #16 Chipper Jones
Now this is a slick card.  Refractor background with sharp hitting and fielding photos on the front and a super glossy finish make this an amazing card.



2000 Upper Deck Legends #34 Bob Griese
Wow, another beautiful card.  The slightly grainy image that fades into Griese's name and number at the bottom of the card gives me the sense of watching an old NFL films production of the 70's Dolphins.



2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Relics #TH Tommy Hanson
Thanks to Greg at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle for sending me my first Hanson relic card in exchange for a 2011 Allen & Ginter's Russell Martin relic.


1995 Score #SG1 Ryan Klesko AU/6100
I got this card off of Ebay for next to nothing.  Nothing real special about this card's design minus the signature.  This is now the oldest card that I own that is serial numbered on the back.

I loved that I received so many cards this week, but I am dreading get these things organized

1 comment: