August 20, 2011

Flea Market Treasure Hunt

So I went to a flea market last weekend for the first time in years looking to find some deals on cards or anything else I could use.  I perused a few booths and tables that had some singles (all priced at high book value of course) but I was mostly looking for a box of random cards that I could purchase as a lot. 

Luckily on the last row of vendors I spotted a man and his wife selling knick-knacks and parakeets (yes the birds).  As I was walking past their table I noticed they had a box of 1988 Donruss sitting on a rack behind them and on the bottom shelf of that same rack they had a card storage box with "$5" written on the side. 

I peeked inside the box


The minis caught my eye and immediately I knew this was what I was looking for.  I paid the nice lady 5 dollars and left the flea market with a grin knowing I had some cards to search through once I got home.

So did I find any treasure in this box? 

Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment